Wow, It’s that time of the year again. You will be busy looking for gifts to give out to friends and family. Or if you are super organised your gifts maybe already bought and wrapped!
As well as present buying, you also need to make sure your house looks sparkling clean in preparation for hosting a Christmas celebration for family and friends. Cleaning during the busiest time of the year may be overwhelming, so here are some cleaning tips for the holiday season to lessen your worries and stress: remember, “it’s the most wonderful time of the year” so go with it 🙂
1. Do a quick walkthrough around the house and take note of what needs to be done in each area of the house. Doing this will make the cleaning task easier and faster. Instead of doing all the cleaning in one day, spread out the cleaning process over several days. Having a Christmas cleaning list will help you make your cleaning more organised and efficient at the same time.
2. Do a de-clutter. Work through a room at a time. By organising your home, you will have a chance to clear things out. You’ll be surprised how a de-clutter can give your house a refreshing look. Doing this will let you enter New Year with a clutter-free house.
3. Clean down countertops. Make sure you give them a deep clean before the big day. It’s essential to wipe kitchen surfaces right after you prepare your food. This is because uncooked meats have the tendency to leave germs and bacteria behind. Make sure to clean your countertops thoroughly before you get busy with cooking so your kitchen won’t look unpleasant for your guests.
4. Polish and wipe down your chairs, furnishings, and shelves. Remove any build-up of dust and stains by using a damp cloth. You can also use a general all-purpose cleaner. We love Zoflora antibacterial spray they come in many different smells and leave your house smelling amazing! Don’t forget to polish your dining table as well as this is where most of the eating will take place 🙂
5. Wipe out your oven and clean down your stove. It’s worth doing before the Christmas cooking begins. There are so many oven cleaning products out there to help you. When it comes to your fridge, get rid of all the expired items that you’ve kept inside your refrigerator. Throw out forgotten leftovers. Examine each shelf and clean them along the way. You need a clean fridge and to allocate lots of space to accommodate all your holiday cooking. If you think cleaning the refrigerator, oven, and stove seems to be a big chore, then hire a professional to do a deep clean. This way, you can focus on preparing recipes for the delicious food you’ll be going to serve during the celebration. If you think you can’t battle against the grease and grime that have built up in your oven, then it’s worth hiring cleaners to save yourself from stress.
6. Finally, give your bathroom some tlc. Your bathroom will be used more this season, so ensure that you scrub the floor, wipe down the toilet, and shower. Remove any stain on the sink and counters. Disinfecting will help as there will be no need for re-scrubbing. Make sure that you put plenty of toilet paper and clean towels out for your guests to use.
Don’t let the Christmas clean be overwhelming. start early like you do with presents and do a little each day!
Remember the most important thing is that you are surrounded by the ones you love so if you don’t get everything done in time it’s not the end of the world. Do what makes you happy!
After all, “Tis the season to be jolly”……